One Happy Camper
Is your child ready to try overnight camp for the first time? You may be eligible for a grant from the One Happy Camper program.
One Happy Camper provides grants of up to $1000 to families with children attending nonprofit Jewish overnight camps for the first time. One Happy Camper, a program of the Foundation for Jewish Camp, is funded locally by Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County and the Jacobson Jewish Community Foundation.
Campers can receive either a $700 incentive grant for a first-time overnight camp experience lasting 12 to 18 consecutive days OR a $1000 incentive grant for a first-time camp experience lasting 19 or more consecutive days.
Find out more about One Happy Camper and apply for a grant.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I apply for a One Happy Camper grant?
Choose an approved camp from the Find-A-Camp directory and register directly with the camp. Then apply online for a One Happy Camper grant at onehappycamper.org. Once your application has been approved, funds will be paid directly to the camp in the spring and will be credited towards your balance.
- Is my child eligible for a One Happy Camper grant?
To be eligible, typically your child must be registered for an approved overnight camp from the Foundation for Jewish Camp website for the first time for either 12-18 consecutive days or at least 19 consecutive days. The program is open to campers through (entering) grade 12, and your family must permanently reside in Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County’s local catchment area (Boca Raton, Delray Beach or Highland Beach).
Grants are awarded to children who are not currently participating in a daily immersive Jewish experience, such as a Jewish day school.
- Can I receive both need-based scholarship money and a One Happy Camper grant?
No, you can only apply for one or the other.
- My child attended overnight camp last summer for just one week. Can I apply for a One Happy Camper grant this year for a longer camp stay?
If your child attended camp for fewer than 12 consecutive days in a previous summer, they will be eligible for a grant this summer if they attend camp for more than 12 consecutive days.
- Last summer my child received a $700 grant for a short stay at camp. Can we apply for a $1000 grant for this summer?
Campers can only receive the grant once, for their first time attending Jewish overnight night camp for 12+ consecutive days. If they receive a $700 grant one summer, they cannot receive a $1,000 grant for a subsequent summer.
- Last summer my child went to camp for more than 12 consecutive days, but we didn’t apply for a One Happy Camper grant. Can we apply this summer?
No, because they will no longer be a first-time camper.
- How do I get started?
Visit onehappycamper.org for more information and to register