Todays’ suggested actions to support Israel in your local community:
- Sign our action alert strongly supporting the measure to fully fund critical security assistance for Israel in its fight to destroy Hamas.
- Thank your elected officials who have publicly expressed their support of Israel. Click here for a letter template.
- Ask your local college and university presidents to join Universities United Against Terrorism. More than 100 institutions of higher education have signed onto the statement coordinated by Yeshiva University, which has appeared in paid advertisements in major media outlets.
- Share our social media statement here in response to the House passage of security aid for Israel.
- Read and share the story of Maayan and Yuval Bar, a 65-year-old married couple and grandparents to six, who were murdered by Hamas terrorists in their home on October 7th.
Yesterday, the House approved two key pieces of legislation related to Israel.
- The House of Representatives passed H.R. 6126, which contains a $14.3 billion aid package for Israel, by a 226-196 vote, and H.Res.798, a resolution condemning the support of terrorist organizations at institutions of higher education, by a 396-23 vote.
- Jewish Federations are urging Congress to find a path forward for this critical defense aid, as well as supplementary funding for the life-saving Nonprofit Security Grant Program.
- The latter resolution “condemns the support of Hamas, Hezbollah, and other terrorist organizations at institutions of higher education, which may lead to the creation of a hostile environment for Jewish students, faculty, and staff;” and “urges the Secretary of Education to direct the Office for Civil Rights to investigate and, where appropriate, take action immediately.”
- The resolution is a rebuke of the pro-Hamas protests and antisemitic rhetoric on campuses around North America, which have created hostile environments for Jewish students, as well as of the statements made by many student organizations that placed the blame for the war solely on Israel.
The Community Mobilization Center is monitoring major developments in Israel and North America related to Israel’s war against Hamas. The Community Mobilization Center will rapidly disseminate resources to help mobilize and support our local communities as they build and sustain civic and political support for Israel in this conflict. The work of the Community Mobilization Center will continue as long as it takes Israel to eradicate the terrorist threat and restore security to the country.