Todays’ suggested actions to support Israel in your local community:
- Mobilize your community to attend the historic March for Israel on November 14th in Washington DC to demonstrate support for Israel, show solidarity with the hostages and denounce antisemitism.
- Organize your local student groups to attend the Pre Show Rally for Students.
- Tell your social media networks that you will be showing up for the historic #MarchforIsrael.
- Sign our action alert encouraging your state and local officials to attend the rally or to share a message of support on their social media channels.
- Watch and share this clip, “Rescue our Children,” in honor of the 30 children who are being held hostage by Hamas terrorists.
According to a poll released by Jewish Federations, American Jews feel less safe than they did a few months before, and are worried about increasing levels of antisemitism.
- Since the October 7th massacres in Israel, Jewish people were twice as likely to say they worry very much about their personal safety, compared to the general public.
- Some 70% of Jewish respondents said they feel less safe than they did a few months before. None said they feel safer. Three-quarters of Jewish people were concerned that their communities would face security problems as a result of the war.
- When it comes to antisemitism, 72% of U.S. Jews said they thought antisemitism in their local community was rising, as did 32% of the general population. Nearly one third of Jewish people said there had been some violence or hate against Jews in their community.
- Support for military aid to Israel is widely popular, with 59% of the general population supporting U.S. government security support for the Jewish state, and 87% of Jewish people agreeing.
- A summary presentation can be viewed here, and a link to social media posts here.
- The historic March for Israel on November 14th will convey a strong and unified message that there is no room for antisemitism in the United States, and that Americans stand with Israel.
The Community Mobilization Center is monitoring major developments in Israel and North America related to Israel’s war against Hamas. The Community Mobilization Center will rapidly disseminate resources to help mobilize and support our local communities as they build and sustain civic and political support for Israel in this conflict. The work of the Community Mobilization Center will continue as long as it takes Israel to eradicate the terrorist threat and restore security to the country.