Volunteers are an important part of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County. Throughout the year we recruit and place many volunteers who help fulfill the needs of the Jewish Federation and its beneficiaries.
Some volunteers participate in the Friendly Visitors program through the Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services (JFS). These compassionate people make social visits to homebound seniors, providing companionship for the elderly on a weekly basis throughout the year. Others drive seniors to medical appointments or other errands through JFS's Kibbitz & Ride program.
What would a community be without a food pantry?
Over 500 volunteers at the Jacobson Family Food Pantry at JFS volunteered this year to bag and deliver food to the needy in Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Highland Beach. More volunteers are needed to accomplish this vital service. Volunteers find it rewarding to fulfill this task, especially around Rosh Hashanah and Passover.
Interested in Jewish culture?
Look no further than the Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center (JCC). Front desk receptionists are always needed to give out information about the JCC’s programs either over the phone or in person.
Federation assists students.
Volunteers have been recruited to help children improve their reading skills at schools such as Katz Hillel Day School of Boca Raton, a beneficiary of Federation. Teenagers can satisfy requirements for community service by volunteering with our Federation.
Make the year of 5778 a new beginning.
Contribute your time and enthusiasm as a volunteer for the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County. Tzedakah and volunteerism are linked. Both actions are the essence of Jewish responsibility to aid those in need. Connect to the Jewish Federation to find your role as a volunteer in our community.
Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center (JCC)
• Answer phones
• Give out written materials
• Communicate with patrons
Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center (JCC) Thrift Shop
• Receive, sort, hang donations (clothes); sell, maintain merchandise
• Organize clothes, housewares, etc.
• Volunteers should be in good physical condition
• Ability to communicate well
• High physical energy
• This position requires a lot of standing and bending
• Discounts on thrift shop merchandise
• Volunteer participation helps provide social services for the local Jewish community
Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center (JCC) Alzheimer’s Day Care Center
• Assist in recreational therapy for the clients
• Play games, entertain clients and help with arts and crafts
• Knitters needed
• Experience with Alzheimer’s/dementia patients
Chapter advisers are needed to mentor young people for chapter programs/meetings for two hours weekly. A minimum commitment of one year of service is required.
Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services (JFS)
• Drivers for clients who need to attend medical appointments and/or go shopping
• Friendly visitors for homebound clients in Boca Raton/ Delray Beach – once a week
• Drivers for Meals on Wheels – Friday mornings
• Para-chaplains to lead Shabbat services at Assisted Living facilities
If you’re interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities, please contact Sheila Adler, Volunteer Coordinator at 561.558.2191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.