Dec 6, 2013
Weight Watchers CEO Florine Mark to Share Insight into $20B Industry at B&P Event
Amid premium networking, business leaders and professionals from throughout the area will have the opportunity to hear from Florine Mark, President and CEO of the largest Weight Watchers International franchise. With the U.S. weight loss industry now exceeding $20 billion and nearly a third of the population on diets, Mark will share her valuable industry insight at the third event of the 2013-14 Industry Icon Series for the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County’s Business & Professional Division (B&P) on January 29, 2014 from 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
More than 120 local professionals have attended each of this season’s widely acclaimed Icon events. Once again, they’ll be gathering in Zinman Hall on the Federation campus, 9901 Donna Klein Blvd., Boca Raton. Breakfast (dietary laws observed) and networking will begin at 8:00 am, and the program will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m.
Florine Mark has received an array of honors, both locally and internationally, for her considerable business accomplishments. To list a few highlights, Mark was the first woman to be inducted in the National Management Associations Hall of Fame and was honored with the Entrepreneurial Visionary Award from the Women's Business Center in Washington, D.C. Especially memorable for Florine was being honored in Monaco as one of STAR Group's 50 Leading Female Entrepreneurs in the World. More recently, she was inducted into the Enterprising Women Hall of Fame as Woman of the Year. Mark is also renowned for her dedication to promoting health and wellness, as well as her commitments to the Jewish community and the advancement of women in leadership.
“We’re extremely proud and excited for the opportunity to learn from Florine Mark at our Industry Icon Series,” said Robert Marton, who co-chairs B&P with Gary Lesser. “Her insight, entrepreneurship and stories will be of high interest and high value across B&P’s broad range of industries and professions.”
“This Icon Event continues the premier quality of networking and speakers in B&P Division’s second season. In just a year, B&P became the place to be for premium learning and networking with business people, professionals and entrepreneurs from Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Highland Beach,” added Lesser. “We’re making meaningful professional and personal connections through high-level networking, programs with experts, and philanthropic activities - that are good for business as well as our community.”
The season’s Industry Icon Series will continue on March 26, 2014. The couvert for each event is $36 per person. Registration is available online at jewishboca.org/icon. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 561.852.3128.
Bibby Financial Services is the generous sponsor of the B&P Division; Lord & Taylor is the generous sponsor of the third Industry Icon event. The Boca Raton Observer is the exclusive B&P Industry Icon Series magazine sponsor. Commercial Printers is the Federation’s in-kind printing sponsor.
Florine Mark, Detroit native, President and CEO of Weight Watchers Group in Farmington Hills, MI, grew up in a poor and large, but loving family. They taught her courage, perseverance and faith, which gave her the confidence to build a business that today is recognized as the largest franchisee of Weight Watchers International.
Following are a few highlights of Florine's many honors and accomplishments:
- Florine was the first woman to be inducted in the National Management Associations Hall of Fame and was honored with the Entrepreneurial Visionary Award from the Women's Business Center in Washington, D.C.
- In addition, she received the Euro-American Woman's Council Artemis Award in Greece.
- Especially memorable for Florine was being honored in Monaco as one of STAR Group's 50 Leading Female Entrepreneurs in the World.
- More recently, she was inducted into the Enterprising Women Hall of Fame as Woman of the Year.
- She is also affiliated with some of the nation's most prestigious institutions including: The Women's Leadership Board at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy's School of Government, where Florine works to globally advance women in leadership and public policy, and create solutions for public problems.
- At the local level, Florine has also been named Michigan's Executive of the Year by Wayne State University's School of Business leaders and has ranked high in Crain's Detroit Business Magazine Fittest CEO contest since 2003.
- She was awarded the Endowed chair of Entrepreneurship at WSU and was named a Michiganian by The Detroit News. The coveted title is bestowed upon people who, through their good community deeds and the examples they set, make life in the state a richer experience.
- Florine is the heart and soul of Weight Watchers Group, but she also devotes much time and energy to policy-making boards that set the bar for health and wellness issues in her home state. She is committed to improving Michigan residents’ health, and regularly encourages state and business leaders to join the effort.
- Recently, she was reappointed to the Governor's Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports.
- She is also an activist and leader for many of Detroit's most influential boards, including: Jewish Federation and United Jewish Foundation of Metropolitan Detroit and Jewish Women's Foundation.
Despite all the time she's given in motivational speeches, entrepreneurial activities and humanitarian pursuits, Florine's most precious moments are devoted to her family to which she is utterly dedicated. She has five children, two stepchildren and many grandchildren.