Fundraising is only half of the Federation’s job. Our mission also includes assessing the most pressing local and international Jewish needs and identifying those services and programs that will enhance the well-bring of fellow Jews and strengthen our Jewish future. The process of identifying needs of our community and allocating funds for local and national programs is the responsibility of the Program Funding Council (PFC) and its Task Forces.
Members of the PFC and its Task Forces participate in an allocations process once a year. After analyzing the needs of our community, members recommend how funds should be allocated among requesting organizations. This process takes place in the winter and spring of each year.
The dollars available for allocation in FY 2019-2020 consist of dollars from the Federation’s budget along with monies made available annually from the Harry & Jeanette Weinberg and the Naomi & Saul Myers and Rose & Leon Barrows Endowment Fund and the Hanna Wagner Scholarship Endowment within the Jacobson Jewish Community Foundation.
Each year, the Council reviews program proposals through its Task Forces, after which it makes allocation recommendations.
Safety Net Services:
- Emergency assistance (food, clothing, shelter, financial crisis support)
- Life-sustaining transportation services
- serve vulnerable populations (Holocaust survivors, seniors, people with special needs, people in substance abuse recovery),
- promote health and disease prevention,
- provide mental health counseling
Jewish Day School Education:
- Financial assistance for local Jewish day schools
Jewish Life & Learning:
- Jewish educational opportunities
- Financial assistance for summer camps and childcare
- Jewish engagement and Israel advocacy on school campuses
- Programs that sustain and enhance Jewish life in South Palm Beach County
- Engage the unaffiliated in Jewish communal, religious, and social affairs
- Enhance the involvement of those already engaged
- Encourage participation in Jewish institutions
If your organization is interested in submitting a Grant Application to the Program Funding Council and its Task Forces, please contact Jessica Hirsh at JessicaH@bocafed.org or 561.852.3159.
2019 Program Funding Council
|Jeff Newman, Chair, Program Funding Council
Kathy Green, Chair, Jewish Life & Learning Task Force
Debra Halperin, Chair, Jewish Education Task Force
|Michael Lipton, Chair, Community Outreach Task Force
Gail Greenspoon, Israel & Overseas Task Force
Richard Stolls, Chair, Safety Net Services Task Force
2019 Task Force Members
Chief Planning Officer
|Jessica Hirsh, Program Associate