Israel’s Cutting-Edge, High-Tech Innovative Side Coming to Boca at IMAGINATION ISRAEL on Eve of Israel Independence Day
South Palm Beach County will have an exciting opportunity to celebrate Israel’s contributions to the high-tech revolution with an insiders’ view of some of its cutting-edge innovations – on May 8, 2019, the eve of Israel Independence Day. The program will begin at 7:00 pm, and doors will open at 6:00 pm.
Open to the public, IMAGINATION ISRAEL will bring the community together for inspiring and informative demonstrations of five high-tech innovations. The program is offered free of charge but pre-registration is required at jewishboca.org/imagination.
Presented by the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County and American Friends of the Hebrew University, IMAGINATION ISRAEL will take place B’nai Torah Congregation, 6261 SW 18th Street, Boca Raton. Following the demonstrations, audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions and meet the presenters.
“Imagination Israel is a unique, exciting opportunity to get a close-up view of the phenomenon that has branded Israel the ‘Start-Up Nation,’ said Beth McCoy, CEO of the American Friends of the Hebrew University.
Israel’s high tech industry and economy are lauded by Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and other magnates who make their own investments there. This tiny country’s high-tech efforts continually draw investments, partnerships and acquisitions from mega-corporations such as Apple Inc., Google, Intel Corp., IBM and Cisco Systems that create jobs in Israel and enable entrepreneurs to move on and start their next ventures. And, while Israel continues to create a lot of startups, more of them are scaling up and independently growing into larger companies.
"Israel produces astounding products that are changing the world we all live in for the better,” said Matthew C. Levin, the Federation’s President & CEO, who will moderate the program. “This tiny country’s high tech prowess and ability to draw continually increasing investments for it make up one of the miracles of modern Israel to celebrate on Israel Independence Day. And Diaspora Jewish involvement in Israeli business is an important way to support our homeland.”
Developed in Israel by leading entrepreneurs and scientists for an array of uses, the innovations to be showcased – like so many others generated there – hold benefits for consumers far beyond Israel, in the United States and worldwide.
Five significant Israeli innovations will be presented at IMAGINATION ISRAEL, including the following:
- Professor Yaakov “Koby” Nahmias will present the “Smart Organ-on-Chip Platform,” a project of Tissue Dynamics Ltd. This groundbreaking human-on-a-chip technology develops tools that helps the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries predict a substance’s toxicity level and potential effects. Offering an effective complement to traditional screening methods, it can lead to a significant reduction in the need for animal testing.
- Professor Ittai Ben-Porath, on the Hebrew University’s Faculty of Medicine, will discuss a “Non-Invasive Blood Test for Disease Detection” developed there. The test can analyze dying cells in the bloodstream and determine if the process was due to a cancer cell. It can detect cancer long before it spreads, as well as early Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases and diabetes.
- Professor Nicole Adler, head of the Intel Big Data Analytics Initiative and Business Analytics specialization at the Hebrew University School of Business Administration, will present “Novel Approaches to Big Data Analytics.” She wrote innovative market forecasting algorithms for profitable investment in the financial market.
- Ayelet Cohen will display “High Tech Jerusalem-3000 Years of Innovation,” an exciting innovation and entrepreneurship platform for new ventures and startups, developed by HUJI-Innovate, for which Cohen is Deputy Director at Hebrew University. Cohen was previously Jerusalem director at Start-Up Nation Central, developing the community’s tech ecosystem and establishing extensive high-level collaborations.
- Professor Hagai S. Eisenberg, Co-founder and Chief Scientist at the startup company QuantLR, will present “Technology to Protect Networks from Cyber-attacks and Data Breaches.” Quantum Cryptography uses the laws of Physics to create and distribute secure encryption keys, providing unbreakable codes scientifically proven to be un-hackable and stop data theft completely.
IMAGINATION ISRAEL is presented by the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County’s Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) and its Business and Professional Division, in partnership with American Friends of the Hebrew University. The event is generously sponsored by Hotwire Communications, Polen Capital, and the Silverman Group of Raymond James. Boca Magazine is the Exclusive Magazine Sponsor and The Florida Jewish Home is the program’s Newspaper Sponsor.