Israel’s Cutting-Edge, High-Tech Innovative Side Coming to Boca at IMAGINATION ISRAEL
South Palm Beach County will have a unique opportunity leading up to Israel’s 70th anniversary of statehood, by celebrating the country’s contributions to the high-tech revolution with an insiders’ view of some of its cutting-edge innovations.
Open to the public, IMAGINATION ISRAEL will bring the community together for exciting and informative live demonstrations of five high-tech innovations. The program is offered free of charge but pre-registration is required at jewishboca.org/imagination. IMAGINATION ISRAEL will take place at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 30, 2017, at the Olympic Heights High School Theater, 20101 Lyons Road, Boca Raton. Following the demonstrations, audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions and meet the presenters.
Developed in Israel by leading entrepreneurs and scientists for an array of uses, these products – like so many others generated there - benefit Israelis as well as consumers in the United States and worldwide.
“IMAGINATION ISRAEL is a unique, exciting opportunity to get a close-up view of the phenomenon that has branded Israel the “Startup Nation,” said Matthew Kutcher, Chair of the Jewish Community Relations Council of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County. The JCRC is proud to extend this invitation to learn about the exhilarating Israeli high tech sector.
Israel is lauded by Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and other magnates who have made their own investments there. According to Forbes and other sources, Israel ranks first among countries in per capita venture-capital investments, technology startups, scientists and tech professionals. Israel also leads the world in Research & Development investment as a percentage of GDP. This tiny country’s high-tech efforts continually investments, partnerships and acquisitions from large corporations like Apple Inc., Intel Corp., IBM and Cisco Systems that create jobs in Israel and enable entrepreneurs to move on and start their next ventures.
"Israel produces astounding products that are changing the world we all live in for the better,” said Matthew C. Levin, the Federation’s President & CEO, who will moderate the program. “As we near Israel’s 70th anniversary, the innovative, technological prowess of this tiny country is clearly one of the miracles that commands celebration. And Diaspora Jewish involvement in Israeli business is an important way to support our homeland.”
Five highly innovative, significant Israeli products will be presented to the public at IMAGINATION ISRAEL:
- Dr. Yigal Rotenstreich will present his retinal research team’s work at Sheba Medical Center, where they are using advanced noninvasive imaging techniques and a new medical device to explore the eye as a window to the brain that can detect signs of Alzheimer’s before clinical symptoms become apparent.
- Voiceitt offers speech recognition technology to translate speech from children and adults with mild to severe impairments as a result of cerebral palsy, autism, ALS, Parkinson’s, etc. into clear speech in real time - enabling them to communicate naturally and spontaneously with family members, health care professionals, peers and society as a whole. The software learns and adapts over time, continually improving its performance.
- Zeekit, a virtual fitting room platform and app that reinvents the way consumers browse, share and shop by enabling them to “try on” fashions virtually, see how an item looks on them, get personalized size suggestions and share their new looks with friends - all on the their mobile devices. Yael Vizel, Zeekit CEO and Co-Founder, was inspired to create Zeekit by the mapping technologies used for intelligence missions during her tenure as a Captain in the Israeli Air Force.
- TaKaDu is a pioneer, global software provider of Integrated Event Management solutions for the water industry. Its data-driven, automated cloud-based services enable utilities to detect, analyze and manage leaks, bursts, faulty assets, telemetry and data issues, operational failures and more, increasing efficiency and reducing water loss.
- Tridom Robotics, providing cutting-edge robotics technology and 3D printing solutions for onsite automated construction, is focused on safety in construction work, the third deadliest occupation in the world. They are designing robotic platforms that save lives as well as time and money, and will showcase their robotic window washing system.
IMAGINATION ISRAEL is presented by the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County, in partnership with the Judi & Allan Schuman Center for Israel Engagement. The event is generously sponsored by Hotwire Communications and Polen Capital. Boca Magazine is the Exclusive Magazine Sponsor and The Florida Jewish Home is Newspaper Sponsor.